Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Wednesday

I'm not a big one for concerts, nor am I easily star struck. BUT -- last night we saw Susan Isaacs and Donald Miller at Charlotte One. They were both excellent speakers and Tim and I found that we would like to go see more authors speak (recreational compansionship!). After we ate, we were on our way back to the cars and saw that their tour bus was still on the street. I went to sit on the steps while the rest drooled at what it would be like to talk to them and Evan went and knocked on the window. We squealed like 3rd graders at a Jonas Bros. concert and Donald Miller came out. He and Susan stood and talked to us for awhile, took pictures, then invited us to see the bus. I'll admit it, I was the first to say yes and ran up those steps right on Mr. Miller's heals. Oh how I have fallen! But it was super nice and they both were amazing. Read their books - Susan Isaacs "Angry Conversations with God", Donald Miller "Blue Like Jazz", his newest I can't recall off hand.

No comments: