Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Catch UP

Last weekend we went to the mountains. I've never been much of a mountain girl, I love the beach. But, our friends have a cabin in Boone, NC and it was amazing. I jumped in Tim's car Friday afternoon, he had it packed with Mingus and a Spiced Pumpkin Latte and we were off. I was a little nervous driving after dark, since I thought for sure it was going to be difficult getting there. It was a breeze. (I did miss an exit, but thanks to the magic phone, we found an alternate route). We arrived and ate some homemade chili we'd brought and settled in. We woke up Saturday to temps in the 30's and gorgeous trees. We took Mingus for a walk and then drove around the mountains to get pics. Tim took a million. Then we just came back and hung out in the silence. We get so wrapped up in phone service and internet it was nice for the peace. I think it was tough on Mingus, he couldn't settle. On our way home we had some excellent seafood and were back to civilization.

No comments: